Saturday, April 22, 2006
This is my first district event since making the job change, and while I'm looking forward to seeing some people I haven't seen in 5 or 6 years, I'm also a bundle of nerves. Sometimes I wish stuff like this was easier for me.
But things get interesting when I return. My wife and I (and the kids, of course) are finally moving...again. As of right now we're staying with her folks and we are 40 minutes from the church. The rental will be a 7 minute drive. That will make life so much better!
Then her folks move back in with us (in the rental) where we'll be in tight, cozy quarters together until tea end of November when our actual house has been built. We thought it was cramped in this house...you should see the rental!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Thursday, April 13, 2006
I could post about my sheer disbelief that President Logan is the criminal mastermind on 24.
I could post about the fact that my wife and I have actually joined a small group for the first time in almost 7 years.
I could post about the place we're building. (Correction: I could post about the basement we're building.)
I could post about finding a rental place that will house 6 of us until our new place is done in the fall.
I could post about my Habs making the playoffs...or at least being close to it.
I could post about my new office computer.
I could post about being busy.
But I won't. I'm postless.
Friday, April 07, 2006
- Jack Bauer wasn't born, he was unleashed.
- If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
- Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
- Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.
- Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
- Jack Bauer could strangle you with a cordless phone
- Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.
- Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
- Jehovah's Witnesses once tried to convert Jack Bauer. After four minutes of interrogation, they admitted Jack Bauer was God.
- Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys
- There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who fear Jack Bauer, and those who are Jack Bauer
Thursday, April 06, 2006
- I went 2 for 27 in roll Up the Rim...that's pathetic.
- My kids met Bob and Larry at a Veggie tales event...and I met them too.
- We decided to build a basement...yup, a basement!
- Watched "Failure to Launch" with my beautiful wife...actually enjoyed it.
- Watched "Ice Age 2" with my kids...laughed hysterically and almost fell asleep in the same movie
- My middle school group is about to burst at the seems...God help me!
- My senior high group played Four On the Couch for almost an hour this week
- 4 high school guys took me biking again...I fell twice.
- Stinging nettles hurt bad...my arm was burning the entire night after the crash.
- Our church Annual Meeting lasted only 65 minutes...that has to be a record!
- My new computer gets set up tomorrow...woohoo! No more Windows 98!
Ok, so that's most everything I can remember right now. But as crazy as life has been, I must say that I'm feeling such a sense of joy and peace with where life is at. No, it isn't perfect, but I can say I haven't felt this way in a long time. That can't be normal, can it?