Saturday, April 22, 2006

Introvert panic...

I'm an introvert. While I love people, I need my time and space to recharge my batteries. This also means that I don't really look forward to events that push me out of my shell. But on Monday I head off for a district Youth Pastor's Retreat at a camp located almost 5 hours from here.

This is my first district event since making the job change, and while I'm looking forward to seeing some people I haven't seen in 5 or 6 years, I'm also a bundle of nerves. Sometimes I wish stuff like this was easier for me.

But things get interesting when I return. My wife and I (and the kids, of course) are finally moving...again. As of right now we're staying with her folks and we are 40 minutes from the church. The rental will be a 7 minute drive. That will make life so much better!

Then her folks move back in with us (in the rental) where we'll be in tight, cozy quarters together until tea end of November when our actual house has been built. We thought it was cramped in this house...you should see the rental!

No comments: