Monday, June 05, 2006

New book day...

It's always great to get a package in the mail. It's even better when it's your most recent order from Amazon and you open it to discover that they actually got the entire order correct! But as I sit looking at the four most recent additions to my library, I wonder what I'm doing.

It seems that I have more books on my shelf that I haven't read than books that I have read. Apparently the idea of buying books and then forgetting (or neglecting) to read them goes hand in hand for me. I have a rather large stack of books that I have purchased since September that I still haven't cracked open. The grand total is 17, with 2 more that I've been trying to read for the last 2 months.

What's the deal with this? Where do I even start?

2 comments:

Kevin I. said...

I'm the same way, I'll buy books in 3's then read one of them then buy another 3. I put them in my to-read pile, then when that falls over I put them on the shelf and see an empty pile and get more.
Why do I do this? I don't know... I'm going to start limiting myself to the library, then if I don't read something...they take it back as a punishment...or they charge me for it..maybey that'll motivate me..

Unknown said...

I guess this makes us normal. What a relief...I was beginning to think that I was going crazy!