Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bring on the sun...

Perpetual clouds have covered the land and sucked any hope out of pretty much all of us in the Lower Mainland. This has, without a doubt, been the worst year for weather since we traded the Edmonton blue skies for this nonsense in late 2005.

Don't get me wrong. I love that the summers usually end up beautiful. I love the mountains. I love that I can play outdoor soccer year round.

But the clouds can just die for all I care.

I'm sure that would wreck something though.

So thankful for the arrival of sunshine and warmth yesterday. It is actually starting to feel like summer.
Although my mind is telling me I should be on a beach...

Here's what I'm looking forward to this summer:
  • Manchester United in Seattle in July. I get giddy just thinking of it.
  • Date night with my beautiful wife to see Owl City and Mat Kearney.
  • Friends & family visiting. I'm not even sure when they are all coming, but the pool and the BBQ will be ready at all times.
  • Going to Toronto for my friend (and former intern) Ryan's wedding in August.
  • Slowing down...fewer nights out. More time at home.
Why do I have the feeling this will all be over way too quickly?

No comments: