Friday, December 02, 2011

Resignation...

I'll try not to be cliche with this.

It's been a crazy couple weeks...

I don't know how to put into words...

There are so many emotions...

(I think cliches may actually fit.)

I'll get to the point.  I have officially resigned as Pastor of Student Ministries at Sevenoaks.

The last few years have been particularly difficult and I find myself weary and worn out.  I also find myself having questions about my own ministry fit here.  I could probably write separate posts about each of those facts (and maybe I should), but let it suffice to say that it has become clear that this is a chapter of life and ministry that needs to come to a close.

We will be on staff until February 15 which will give us plenty of time to enjoy Christmas without having to say too many goodbyes.  It will also give us plenty of time in the New Year to get things in order for the student ministry  to transition as smoothly as possible after our departure.

This shouldn't be too difficult since our volunteer youth leaders are solid gold.  They are very good at what they do and I think they have everything they need in order to continue on long after I step away.

What's next?  At this stage we are still trying to figure that out.  I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head.  I'm asking some questions.  I'm looking for answers.  And I'm just trying to listen carefully.  I'll probably be a bit more proactive about this in the weeks to come as the news starts to settle down a bit.

I don't feel as though God has not released me from my calling to full time ministry.  I don't feel like He is asking me to start cutting lawns (at least not yet).  But I do feel like He might have something different for me.  I won't lie.  I'm a little nervous.  But I'm confident that this is the step that needs to be made.


No comments: