Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Do parents care....

Ok, so the title is a bit misleading. I know they care. I'm just wrestling this morning with a parent meeting we held last night that had only 5 parents show up. A grand total of 4 families were represented. In total, their connection is to 6 of our 50+ youth.

A bit discouraging? Yup. But it was still worth it. One of the other reasons we held this meeting was not just to talk about the youth ministry, but so that parents could connect with one another. And the 5 that were there last night were able ot do that. In fact, if it was a bigger group it may have been more difficult for this group to connect and for me to learn what I did about their teens.

You can probably see why I'm wrestling with this.

In other news, I'm going to miss the Oilers game tonight because of the senior high group. I wonder if we can incoporate hockey-watching into our agenda for the evening?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, what are those big screens and projectors for anyway???