Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Litle things...

I'm at one of those points where the clouds are a little darker than usual so I'm doing my best to try and find some solace in the little things. So here's a few things that have picked me up lately:
  • Winning some concert tickets on the radio. (And promptly passing those tickets on!)
  • A free lunch.
  • Spending time with my youth leaders. This is one part of my job that is not "work".
  • Singing Christmas tunes to my kids to try and figure out how much they'll let me sing before asking me to stop.
  • A gift card from some VERY generous people at church.
  • A long distance phone call from a friend.
  • The stuffed Santa Claus sporting Manchester United colors on my living room couch this morning.
  • A text from my wife.
I think we all need a little pick-me-up (and I'm not necessarily talking about the liquid kind) from time to time, so my goal in the countdown to Christmas is to bring you some great joy through this blog.

So, tomorrow will be the beginning of "12 Days of The Not So Normal Christmas". What can you expect? Actually, very little. But I'm sure at least one photo I will share with you in the posts to come will leave you with great inner joy.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I was just thinking about you guys today. You are awesome Mike!!! Just remember that when you feel blue. You have touched lives everywhere and you are a blessing to so many.