Saturday, December 11, 2010

So this is Christmas...

I've got one more week of work and then it's a much needed two-week (almost) break. I've saved up some vacation days, and when used in conjunction with the office closure due to the holidays, I'll get to spend a fair bit of time around the house. I'm looking forward to a few things during that time:
  • Sleeping in.
  • Reading. I'm so far behind on my 2010 reading goal that I can't touch it now, but I might be able to make up some ground.
  • Hanging with friends and family. Meals, Christmas lights, and lots of laughter.
  • PS3. I need to redeem some recent losses I've experienced at the hands of my 9 year old son. I also expect to play a little Modern Warfare 2 online with my brother-in-law. Male bonding at it's finest!
  • Christmas shopping. So close to finished...yet so far away.
  • The Knott-Defries Christmas Eve tradition of appetizers and board games until all hours of the night.
  • Boxing Day. We have a gift card that's waiting patiently to be used.
What are you looking forward to this Christmas season?

No comments: