Sunday, April 03, 2011

Fooled Again...

On Friday morning I get a message from one of our elders that reads like this:
"Just curious, do you really love Justin Bieber? Cause I according to your office window you are proclaiming your love for him to the world"
I'm well aware that it's April Fools Day, so I figure he must be messing with me. And then I arrive at the church this morning and see this sign from the parking lot.

I will make it known that this sign does not hang in my office, but rather in the window of the youth room that is next to my office. This is an important fact.

I walk into the youth room to meet my students for Tangents (our Sunday morning youth class), and find that all the furniture has been piled up in the corner and the whiteboards have been scribbled on. Oh, and they set up the mini Christmas tree.

Then I unlock my office door and find this. Most of the cups have an inch or two of water in them.









It took a minute for me to notice something was askew with the books on the shelves.









Plastic wrap, defaced wall hangings, misplaced degrees, a missing mini fridge, a shrink-wrapped guitar case, a random stuffed Disney character, beach balls...this will take some time to clean up tomorrow.




And then a note led me to the church kitchen where I found my Michael Scott Office mug. I should express my personal displeasure at this since I just only recently found this mug in the staff room after months of it being MIA.

Now the culprits are currently at large.

And staying with the cowardly act, "they" have refused to accept responsibility while swearing others to secrecy.

Also, I can't help but wonder why I have keys for the lock on my office when apparently anyone who wants access can gain access.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh Mike, you know you love it. :)

As I walked into the church on the morning of April 1st Blaine sent me a text message saying that he was laid off ( this following the very serious conversation the night before regarding 5 at his site who really did get laid off). Then ... as I checked my emails, Grant Jacobs so nicely added item 10 to the board meeting agenda which of course was ... run through possible applicants for new secretary position. I knew better. Either that or we were going to need to find a new place to live and supper to eat. :)