Friday, February 11, 2005

Talk, talk, talk...

Well it all started last Saturday when I spoke at a youth retreat for another church. I had never done that before. In my 5 years at my current church I had only spoken to my youth, or at events where my youth were present.

Today the journey of "speakerman" continued as I spoke at a Christian school where I grew up. I had to give the same talk 4 times about how to find a church. That's also the first time I've ever had to give the same talk more than twice.

Anyway, this was an eye opening experience. I had forgotten about how nervous I get speaking to a group of strangers. I had forgotten how to start from scratch. I felt weird and out of place. I felt like the outsider. I knew very few people. And if I'm honest, I kind of liked it...

Is that normal?

No comments: