Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just finished...

I just finished reading "The Way I Was Made" by Chris Tomlin. All in all it was an ok read...fairly simple...but an easy read is nice once in a while.
I've always had a great deal of respect for Chris and his ministry. It started when I saw him in Dallas at NYWC and he was taking the time to show a group of us standing in the hotel lobby how to use a cut capo. I've always been impressed by the way he handles himself, the quality of his music and his ability to lead worship.
But, back to the book...Since I'm on the hunt for normal, there was something he wrote that really jumped out at me. "How would my life be different today if I stayed in the comfort of familiar surroundings? Well, more predictable maybe. Yep, more "normal". But a lot more boring too."
Maybe I should be glad that I can't find normal. Maybe it would be boring. Maybe God is doing me a favor by keeping me away from "normal". Maybe "normal" would ruin my life.

No comments: