Saturday, July 02, 2005

So much TV...

Well, I've been sick since Thursday night with a brutal sore throat and I've been running a fever, so I ended up spending most of my time today on the couch. That meant I was able to jump on the Live 8 bandwagon.

While I'm impressed by the sheer number of people that witmessed this event (whether live or on TV) I don't know if it will have a huge impact. I mean, let's be honest, do we really think that world leaders give a rip what multi-millionaire celebrities really think? Or that millions of people showing up for concerts will really have a voice?

I guess it would be nice to be wrong, but here's a few other random thoughts..

*Dave Matthews Band---I had to watch this one via AOL because CTV wasn't showing it, but these guys are always amazing! And ABC did a brutal job of editing when they showed DMB on their highlight show.

*Celine Dion---She got booed by the Canadian crowd because she was making a live appearance from Las Vega. Cruel? Yes! But stinking funny!

*Green Day---Way to wreck a classic Queen song. Oh, and lose the makeup!

*Neil Young---There really was no better way to end the Barrie show than with everyone joining him on "Keep on Rocking in the Free World".

*Motley Crue---Absolutely lame. Who let these clowns on the stage?!?!

*Sarah McLachlan---She has one of the most amazing voices in the industry. I didn't care much for Josh Groban joining in, but I can overlook it for now.

*Barenaked Ladies---It was too bad they were the second last act to take the stage because they only got 2 songs. They definitely deserved more stage time.

*Releasing the doves---I wonder if anyone got hit from above...if you know what I mean.


Well, at least I can say that I witnessed a piece of history, even if it was only on my 27" black box.

No comments: