Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A deadly job...

I was first drawn to this show a few weeks ago when I heard the comment that it was the deadliest job in the world. I wondered how crab fishing, of all things, could possibly earn that reputation.

Well, one hour later (actually it only took about 10 minutes) I was hooked. What I thought was a one episode documentary is actually an entire season on Discovery!


In case you have no idea about it, basically it covers the crab fishing season in the Bering Sea. You watch a number of boats as they do their day to day job, catching crab. Add to that the dangers of the Bering Sea in the dead of winter, and you've got good tv.

While it may not sound like eventful television, just try watching an episode. I'm sure you'll be hooked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am hooked! I am not sure sure if I would watch seasons and seasons of it but it has grabbed my attention and has helped in my procrastination from school work.

Kevin I. said...

My brother "fished" me into it.
He would run across the house and yell "CRAAAAAAAAB FISHIN'" and change the channel.

Me, being to lazy to move began to watch. Yea, I was hooked for a bit.