Monday, May 28, 2007

Irresistible...

I doubt that my writing about Shane Claiborne or just quoting portions of his book will be all that inspiring or life-transforming for you, so on this one you'll just have to go out buy the book.

As you read you'll probably be scratching your head while you contemplate selling everything you own and moving out of North America. And yes you'll more than likely be wondering what would happen if we all started living like this...but it'll be a fun little conversation going on inside your head. And that alone is worth the $17.99 CAN.

I'll include some of the random thoughts and reactions I had while thumbing through the pages.
  • "So...are you a hippie, or what?"
  • "Huh?!?!"
  • "Mother Teresa was a smart lady."
  • "You're an idiot."
  • "I'm an idiot."
  • "____________ is an idiot."
  • "Where's my Calcutta?"
  • "What little thing can I do with great love?"
  • "Is this dream even practical?"
I could say more, but it would ruin the book. And it would take me more time to craft the words and I'm not feeling eloquent today.

No comments: