Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Is this really BC...

The snow started falling sometime last night. It's been getting worse throughout the day. In fact, the ride home for me took 50 minutes. It usually only takes 12.
I also had to leave my car at the bottom of the mountain with the other 2 dozen vehicles that couldn't make it up the incline. Hopefully it's still there and in one piece tomorrow. Last year my father-in-law left his vehicle down there and a snowplow took off one of his mirrors.

Thankfully I was able to catch a lift up the mountain with a Good Samaritan 4X4 owner. He doesn't even live on the hill but has spent the last hour shuttling people up the mountain.

Now the kids are playing. It's strange to think that this is abnormal for them. When I was growing up this usually happened in October!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

A part of me is very sympathetic that you have to deal with the parking at the bottom of the hill and such however the part of me that has to deal with -29 degrees right now says I would take the snow any day. :)

Unknown said...

yeah...the temperature isn't too bad.

if it got that cold out here i'm sure they would call in the national guard.