Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post-Christmas Christmas thoughts...

I know I'm a little late on this, but I was reminded on Sunday that some cultures celebrate Christmas until January 1st. So this will come in that same spirit.

Before the Christmas season hit, Erin and I had a little discussion about Christmas. Specifically, the rights and wrongs of it, as are so often dictated by others.

Is it wrong to exchange gifts?

Is it wrong to listen to Bon Jovi sing Christmas songs?

Is it wrong to boycott Christmas?

Is it wrong to not boycott Christmas?

Is it wrong to enjoy the time as a family around a tree?

Is it wrong to wrap a present?

I've heard the whole rally against over-rampant Christmas consumerism and how we need to get back to the real meaning of Christmas. And some part of me completely agrees. However, another part of me has absolutely no problem with the giving and receiving of gifts, the decorating of houses and trees and the never ending supply of Christmas songs.

I could just never put my thoughts into words.

So I will let David Crowder do it, with his post on the same subject.

I'm going to agree with him.

No comments: