Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Book #9...

How the Mighty Fall (And Why Some Companies Never Give In)
Jim Collins

Collins, with the help of a pile of research that boggles my mind, points out the five stages of a company's impending demise. What they did wrong that ultimately contributed to them no longer turning a profit. His hope is that other companies would be able to recognize the warning signs and instead of falling prey to destruction, that they would be able to correct their course and save themselves.

I'd be really interested if someone would take these principles and apply them to "church life". He says that this applies for any organization, but the whole time I was reading it I was thinking about church world. Would churches fail for the same reasons sometimes?

I don't know if this works against my earlier post. Probably. Either way, I'm finding that my brain is engaged.

No comments: