And while the recovery process has been a little difficult (lack of sleep combined with...um...intestinal issues), I find it hard to try and describe to others what I experienced.
Here's a short recap:
- Seeing a 5 year old pray for healing...and seeing those prayers answered.
- Being taught what hospitality actually looks like.
- Eating some amazing food.
- Eating only one meal that registers on the "Uh oh...I probably should not have eaten that" scale.
- Eating a small lime whole...and being mocked because I couldn't handle it.
- Sweating more than I have in the rest of my life combined.
- Visiting pastors & churches & small groups.
- Leading some seminars on marriage.
- Eating a pineapple off a string.
- Getting prayed for.
- Breaking a camera lens.
- Squishing a cockroach on our hotel room wall. The guts remained there 2 days later.
- Learning about "the mystery" of island life.
- Being propositioned...in the middle of the day...in front of our entire group!
- Teaching a group of students.
- Finding a spaghetti dinner for supper.
- Playing along with the worship team and discovering that I did not have the stamina to play that fast for that long.
- A pig roast.
- Almost getting attacked by a bat in a cave/tunnel.
I loved every second of the trip. It has opened my eyes and my heart.
But now I'm tired.