Thursday, September 30, 2010

Books #27-31...

Soccernomics
Simon Kuper & Stefan Szymanski
This ended up being more dry than insightful. I gained a little more soccer trivia, but on the whole I wasn't too thrilled with this read.

The Good News About Worry
Dr. William Backus
It's come to my attention that I may have anxiety issues. They aren't off the chart, but they do exist, so I thought I'd do some reading on the subject. Turns out I've got lots to learn, but I'm enjoying the insight I've been gaining. It's helping me keep some things in perspective.

The Story of the Christ
Scot McKnight
I was speaking at camp this summer about "Encounters with Jesus", so this seemed like a good way to get myself in the proper head space.

If I Knew Then What I Know Now

Len Woods & Dave Verman
Where were these books when I was starting out in student ministry?!?! I'd add this one to the list of "must reads" if you're planning on going into full time student ministry, or if you're in your first few years. Actually, even if you've been doing it for 10 years the chances are you'll get some helpful reminders from what you find in this book.


Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone
J.K. Rowling
If you saw the conversation that came about because of a Facebook post I made where I was trying to borrow the book, you'd know I'm a little reluctant who I tell about this. But then again, I need to keep track of my reading, so ta da! I read it and so far I haven't turned anyone into a pumpkin.

No comments: