Saturday, March 05, 2005

Long time coming...

I must say it is about time that I got a Saturday off! Seems like the norm lately is to end up working at least half the day or more on church stuff which means less time with the family. We've been so crazy busy lately that I feel I hardly have the chance to have a decent conversation with my wife or hang out with the kids.

It's weeks like this that I seriously think "church life" tends to cause more harm to my family than good. Don't get me wrong, I try to be protective of my family time (like today when I didn't go to a worship seminar) but it still feels like "church" is always stealing me away. And when I'm not actually physically gone, I feel like I'm mentally missing. Sometimes I wish i could just leave work at the office.

It's been difficult these last few weeks. It's hard to gather my thoughts. It's even more difficult to come to any solid conclusions. Right now I'm just trying to make it through to holidays. Maybe that will give me some much needed time off to relax and gather my head and heart.

No comments: