Monday, August 08, 2005

Bring it on...


With a new season almost underway (I'm not counting the FA Community Shield), I thought it was time to talk a little football.

It was good to see Rio sign his contract at long last. I'll admit that I was one of the people wondering just what he was thinking. Through his entire ban Fergie and the team stuck by him and then after playing last season he comes back demanding more money! Well, at least this ended well!

It was also good to hear that Ole might be soon making a return. With the most recent injury to Saha, it is certainly great timing, although I wonder if we'll see the Ole of old after such a long absence from the game.

I'll admit that the prospect of having Michael Owen at Old Trafford is more than a little appealing. If Smicker truly ends up playing in the midfield, maybe a move for Owen wouldn't be a bad idea.

Whatever happens in the transfer market, I'm ready for the season to begin. It's just too bad that I'm missing the official beginning as I will be in Tijuana with a group of my high schoolers. Oh well...

There's still only one United!

No comments: