Thursday, February 16, 2006

Without further delay...

Well, I have officially made it through 2 days. It's tough adjusting to a new place with new faces. In some respects I feel as though I have completely changed career paths. But then I got to hang out with the SR Highs last night and I was reminded of why I do what I do: God & students.

I had moments yesterday when I asked myself what on earth I had gotten myself into. I think that was God reminding me that I can't be doing this on my own. And that's something I'm going to have to remind myself everyday.

Today was much better as I was able to connect with a few more of the staff. It's tough when you get used to doing church life a certain way for 5 1/2 years and then try to adjust to a new way of doing things. I've got lots to learn...but what else is new?!?

Tomorrow is my first day off. I know I only worked 2 days, but in my defense they were a long 2 days. Besides, we're meeting with our realtor to look at some more housing options. It's looking less and less likely that we'll be anywhere close to the church by the time we find a place we can afford.

Housing costs out here are through the roof! That can't be normal...can it?

With all that being said, I'm loving it here so far and I'm very excited about the future. Lots of great people, and lots of great potential for the church and for the youth. This is definitely going to be an adventure!

No comments: