Monday, March 19, 2007

Breaking spring...

It's raining again. Or maybe I should say "still". I wonder what the sun looks like. I wonder what it feels like.

Today begins a week of no youth ministry programs. Please note that I didn't say "no youth ministry". I'm smart enough to know that ministry is an ongoing thing. I also realize that the second I mention that it is going to be a quiet week, somethings liable to hit the fan. Isn't that how it always works?

But I'm definitely looking forward to change in my schedule. I've got big plans too. We'll just have to see if I can follow through with these:
  • finish reading some books (New Kind of YM, What Matters Most)
  • start reading some books (SexGod, Confessions of a Reformation Rev)
  • prepare for a talk I'm giving next Sunday in LifeStage (our version of SS) to the 40-55 year olds about teenagers and what's happening in the lives of our students
  • blog about some thoughts I've had lately that need some processing
  • take a day to read
  • finish next month's newsletter
  • get ahead on my messages for the upcoming teaching series (we're talking about sex...)
  • see Clapton in concert!
I could probably add a pile more, but I think I'll call it there so I don't overwhelm myself.

No comments: