Highlights of the night:
- the middle school demolished the high school at the Wii challenge
- one ice cream cake, puffed wheat squares, two trays of cookies and a thermos of juice were consumed in almost record breaking time
- having the entire group singing "Happy Birthday" to Erin
- seeing video of middle school students running into each other while wearing fridge boxes
- seeing students out that have not previously been to any of our student ministry events even though they call this their home church
- seeing the enthusiasm of one high school guy at the mention of hosting a UFC (watching, not fighting) night
As for my own team, we lost our opening game. I still ache. I'm frustrated. But at least I'm playing again. This week we play another of the top teams. I don't expect much from it. Although I'm itching to put one in the back of the net...if I still can.