Thursday, September 20, 2007

The morning after...

Night one is officially under our belts...whatever that means. Our students and leaders came out last night with a level of enthusiasm that made for a very enjoyable evening. I think all our plans, prayers, discussions have paid off. We still have some minor details to work on as well as having some question marks about some parts of the evening, but all in all I think it's good because it will help us evaluate things more regularly.

Highlights of the night:
  • the middle school demolished the high school at the Wii challenge
  • one ice cream cake, puffed wheat squares, two trays of cookies and a thermos of juice were consumed in almost record breaking time
  • having the entire group singing "Happy Birthday" to Erin
  • seeing video of middle school students running into each other while wearing fridge boxes
  • seeing students out that have not previously been to any of our student ministry events even though they call this their home church
  • seeing the enthusiasm of one high school guy at the mention of hosting a UFC (watching, not fighting) night
In other news...United beating Sporting Lisbon 1-0 in the beginning game of the Champion's League. It was nice to see a spring in their step and a little more creativity than they have shown in their previous league games. But it's probably helpful that both Rooney and Ronaldo were back in the line up.

As for my own team, we lost our opening game. I still ache. I'm frustrated. But at least I'm playing again. This week we play another of the top teams. I don't expect much from it. Although I'm itching to put one in the back of the net...if I still can.

No comments: