- I'm listening to Mark Driscoll's podcast from the Convergent Conference. He lays into guys like Doug Pagitt, Brian McLaren and Rob Bell and some of their teachings. Sure, I think some of them have some goofy (how's that for an accurate theological explanation?) beliefs, but I wonder if it needs to be Mark's job to constantly refute everything they say. I've enjoyed Mark's books and his teaching. I've even visited his church. But I'm not sure where I'm going to settle down on some of his more recent rants.
- Am I over-reacting when I see my son's struggles with school and friends?
- I think my wife is more beautiful at 30 than she was at 29.
- Fall TV has returned. I am breathing a sigh of relief.
- My recent admission to watching UFC has raised eyebrows.
- My team beat the team in blue 2-0.
- My other team probably won't win this weekend.
- What's the one main thing we can take away from Jonah 1?
- The new CD Remedy by the David Crowder Band was released today. Buy it.
- My soccer cleats don't fit properly. Anyone want to by a pair of slightly used size 9.5 Nike Zoom's? They're a couple years old but hardly used due to all the knee injuries.
- I'm struck by the memory of my kids as we've currently taken to reading through the book of Daniel.
- I'm struck by the memory of my students as we pick up our study of the book of Mark in our Sunday morning LifeStage class. They remembered a lot from last year.
- We are now once again a one car family. If you would like to contribute to the "Knott Family Sanity Fund" which will facilitate the purchase of another set of wheels, let me know.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I lack anything super profound as it seems to be a day/week/month full of a hundred different things. So here's a sample: