Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in review...

I think it's time to reflect on what I consider to be some of the finer points of the last year. You may notice that a few items with release dates in 2006 slip into the mix. Sometimes I'm slow catching on, so gimme a break.

Movies Worth Watching...
Reign Over Me
Wild Hogs
Meet the Robinsons
Live Free or Die Hard
Ratatouille
Transformers
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Enchanted

Music Worth a Listen...
The Cobalt Season "Unified Theory"
Dave Matthews & Time Reynolds "Live at Radio City"
David Crowder Band "Remedy"
Jon Foreman "Fall"
Raine Maida "The Hunters Lullaby"
"Once" Soundtrack

Concert I Attended That Was Worth Every Penny (and then some)...
Eric Clapton live in Seattle.

Books I Didn't Feel Like throwing Out...
Dan Kimball "They Like Jesus But Not The Church"
Christpher Moore "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal"
Sarah Cunningham "Dear Church: Letters From a Disillusioned Generation"
Andy Stanley "Communicating For A Change"

Blogs Additions...
Matthew Good
ASBO Jesus
Worship Guitarist
Dan Kimball

TV Shows That Must Return...(and return quickly please!)
24
The Office
Rules of Engagement
Chuck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you put "wild hogs" on your best movies of 07? Maybe you can relate with the characters a little more than I can!

Unknown said...

What?!?! You're telling me that this wasn't one of your favorite films of 2007?

Jon Coutts said...

i imagine i'd like most of the music here if i got my hands on it, but i haven't heard any of it. the best albums released this year, in my mind, were Joel Plaskett's Ashtray Rock and Patrick Watson's album. They are amazing. And Canadian.

Needless to say, I do not think Transformers was one of the best movies of the year. But I still enjoyed seeing it with you. Some good laughs. I just can't stand CGI.

Unknown said...

Anyone else have disagreements with things on my list? lol

Jon, I totally remember you not being thrilled with Transformers. Would it help if I told you it wasn't CGI and that the Transformers are actually real?