Thursday, January 03, 2008

A bunch of stuff...

I'm still considering making a post about some of my goals for the upcoming year. I guess that will be Goal #1: write a post about my goals for 2008.

In the meantime, I'll stick to a recent summary of events.
  • I ended up teaching in the service this last Sunday. It's kind of a long story of how that came about, but let's just say that I had no idea I would be doing it until Friday at about noon.
  • I read "My Story" by Wayne Rooney. It won't be winning any literary awards, but it's got some interesting little tidbits about his life. I'm still flabbergasted that he was making so much money at such a young age.
  • I finished reading "Growing Souls" by Mark Yaconelli. This was a follow up to Contemplative Youth Ministry" and it focuses more on how the contemplative aspects were (and can be) put to use in various youth ministry contexts. Both books have made myself ask some questions about our student ministry. I'll keep you posted on what may come out of this.
  • A bunch of students are coming over to the house this afternoon for what we affectionately refer to as PROXIMITY.
  • I absolutely am loving my new pedal for my guitar. I just wish I could find more time to play with it.

No comments: