Thursday, November 13, 2008

A bunch of random stuff...

I feeling a little all over today.

I just finished book #46. It was Watchmen, a graphic novel from the late 80's. I saw a teaser trailer online for the upcoming 2009 release of a movie based on the "comic" and had no interest because I had never heard of it. Then I noticed the hype starting on a few movie blogs I read and I got curious. So courtesy of the library (and a 5 week waiting period) I was able to get my hands on a copy.

My review? Uh...it's a comic book based on superheroes, masked adventurers, a blue man that can transport himself to Mars, and a bunch more stuff that's too strange to sum up.

Did I like it? I'm not thrilled, but I'll go watch the movie just to see how it translates into today's cinematic medium.

Currently listening to: Coldplay's "Viva La Vida"

So, this afternoon we (me and the interns) planned a "work day" for our Youth Centre. Really it was only a 3.5 hour block to add wheels to some couches, label soem mailboxes, clean up our stage area and try to fix our drum platform.

We told our students for the last few weeks that anyone who came to help out could have some free food.

So, how many students show up? 1. That's right. One.

Does it bother me? Maybe a bit. But then I remind myself that my students are still kids. And kids do things like this.

Waiting to watch: The Office, 30 Rock, Indiana Jones, and a few more $0.88 rentals that Erin picked up today. It's been a while since I did an $0.88 review. Maybe I'll enlighten you all.

Work thing I have to do on my day off: Website.

We're trying to get our website up and running. Seriously, we've had this up since before I started. We NEVER touch it. But we're close to the new one being launched, so that means I need all the student ministry info in.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Why am I blogging when I should be working?

Because I believe that procrastination is an art form that is only mastered with much practice.

One day I will teach you how you too can become a master procrastinator.

And seriously, I just needed to veg out.

No comments: