Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Book #25...

Soul Cravings
Erwin McManus

After the April trip down to Catalyst where I heard Erwin speak, I decided I would track down a few of his books. I have 3 or 4 already sitting on my shelf that I've read in years gone by, but I don't remember much about them.

Soul Cravings was broken down into short little entries, most of which were 2-3 pages long. The content seemed a little roller-coasterish to me, in the sense that some of the entries were really inspiring and would rattle around inside my head, while other entries seemed to be filler.

"Is it possible..."

As I read that phrase over and over, I couldn't help envision Erwin sitting on his stool trying to inspire a room full of people.

I love some of the questions he asks. He does seem to have a way of inspiring hope.

So, I guess I'll just say I'm of mixed minds about the book.

No comments: