Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Book #27...

Deliberate Simplicity
Dave Browning

Dave is the founding pastor of Christ the King Community Church. I've never visited a CTK church, but I've heard good things from a few of our pastoral staff that have. And since we've got some major changes going down at our church these days I figured I would read a little about how some others are doing church.

The big idea? Do less, but be intentional and authentic, and do what you can to help it multiply.

It almost seems to echo some of the same things you would hear from a guy like Craig Groeschel, who has a similar concept where their church focuses only on a handful of things and they do those few things well.

Then it makes me wonder about my own church ministry?

How much do we/I over complicate things?

What would we/I do to simplify?

What few things could we/I do really well to have an impact on people/students in our community?

Things that make you go hmmm....

No comments: