Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Book #43...

The Road of Lost Innocence
Somaly Mam

I picked up this book as part of prepping for a recent Sunday morning message about sexual exploitation and human trafficking. And I can only say that this book seriously messed me up. The night I actually finished it I was tossing and turning until after 3am. My brain wouldn't stop.

Much of what I read was completely horrifying and it's difficult to imagine that it can even be true. But wow...to hear this woman's story and how she came through a life of being sold, abused, and resold. To see her come to the point where she now helps others escape and experience freedom...it's inspiring and overwhelming. And it makes me feel like my contribution to helping fight injustice in the world is insignificant.

No comments: