Saturday, October 22, 2005

That was gross...

Let me backtrack for a moment. When we arrived at our church 5 1/2 years ago one of the first events we held was a gross games night. It was a blast. So, we decided that we would try to go out with the same event--Gross Games II.

So, last night was our last official Friday night event with our students because next Friday our leaders and students are planning up a farewell. And it was a mess...whipped cream, chocolate sauce, marshmallows, honey, puffed wheat, jello, beans...and a few more surprises. And somehow I ended up wearing all of it when the entire group turned out me. Imagine that!

(Incidently, if you ever want to have a laugh, get all your students to place an egg on their head and then pull nylons on overtop to hold it in place. Then try to hit them with a pool noodle. That is perhaps one of the funniest things I have seen in quite a while!)

We ended things off with a challenge to accept Jesus' invitation "Come, and follow me". It doesn't matter how messy your life is, Jesus has called YOU! And it's time to drop what you're doing and follow Him. Sure, you may not know what's going to happen, it defintely won't be easy, but it will be an adventure.

The evening went even better than I could have expected. And now I have some more great memories as I prepare to say farewell.

1 comment:

Brian Eberly said...

Fun reading your post on your Gross Night. We are having our first "Messy Night" this Saturday! I have been feeling a little aprehensive as to how well it will go. You have given me hope! Thanks!