Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Beginning of the end...

What a great break it was to hang out in California with my wife. We spent a couple of days in Disneyland before heading off to Sacramento for NYWC. (By the way, thanks Katie for the lift to the hotel!) Met some people in person, met some new people, and just had an all around great time.

This convention (our 4th) was the weirdest one ever because this time we weren't thinking about our youth ministry back home. Instead, this ended up being a time for God to do some work on repairing my heart. It was very refreshing. I now feel like I'm ready for saying goodbye. Yeah, it still isn't going to be easy, but I feel better about where my heart is right now.

I also arrived back in the office to find out the board wants me to take all of November off...with pay! The only bad thing is that it moves our final farewell up even closer, but the time off...and the extra money...next month will be helpful.

I've got some other interesting developments, but I'll save those for another day. But I'm reminded through this all that God is in it all. I know, it's cliche...but it's also truth!

1 comment:

'neice said...

So glad I had the chance to meet you and your wife! I tried to get an orange Nalgene...but no luck!