Thursday, November 10, 2005

Walls are bare...

Everyday a few more boxes pile up and the walls and shelves start looking a little more empty. Sometimes it amazes me when I look back at our past. I remember moving into our first apartment and being able to transport everything in the back of a pickup.

Then we moved here and it took an entire U-Haul. It may have been the smallest one they had, but it was packed full. And now here we are soon to be packing an even bigger U-Haul with all our stuff (and that's after getting rid of a bunch of stuff). It's amazing how much stuff we've gathered over the years.

We just got back from a retreat with the other pastors & wives. It was good to hang out together one more time before we leave. We've still got a dinner together planned, but this was a great 4 day retreat for laughing together and enjoying each other's company.

On top of all that we've had some other recent developments. Since people have started finding out that I've concluded my ministry here, I've been recieving phone calls. I haven't been actively pursuing anything, but my wife and I decided that we would entertain conversations. God's definitely up to something.

We're both very intrigued at the possibility of doing ministry while doing our schooling. Obviously it will mean that my school will take a little bit longer, but it does mean my wife can get cruising on her Masters. She worked so hard to put me through school, that it's definitely time to repay the favor. (Have I mentioned that I love my wife? No? I love my wife!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things seem to be going well. Still praying for you...