Monday, January 07, 2008

For 2008...

Everyone seems to be making posts about their goals for 2008. I wouldn't want to feel left out, so here's a few of mine. There's even an opportunity for you to have some input into what you'd like to see in a few categories.
  • Books - Let's shoot for 26. It seems to be a number that most people are shooting for, and I'm all for conformity.
  • Blogs - I'd like to keep my Google Reader at a manageable number. I'm thinking under 50. That means a few more cuts are in order. As for my own blog I have decided to remain as random as ever in 2008.
  • Music - Besides writing more of my own, I think I'd like to learn something new. Maybe I can actually learn to read music? Or maybe take some voice lessons? Or learn scales? Or learn to play electric guitar? Or maybe the banjo? I'm open to suggestions on this one.
  • TV - This is simple: watch less. The Writer's Strike is already making me feel like I've accomplished this goal. But should TV start up again, I'm already making a decision to opt out of Lost.
  • Movies - I'd like to do more blog reviews of what I'm watching. No big reason here, I just thought it'd be fun. And maybe you'll get a chuckle out of some of the junk I watch. Just don't judge me too harshly because I'm overly sensitive.
  • Friends - I need some new ones as the old ones still haven't moved any closer to us. Don't worry, if you are currently listed under the category of "friends who live in another province", you can remain as friends. However, if you would like to remove yourself from the list, please contact the site administrator. In all seriousness, I need to spend more time developing some relationships with people.
  • Finances - I need to become more "fiscally responsible" (yeah, I think that's what Erin called it).
You will notice an absence of ministry-related goals. There's a simple explanation for that. Those goals are developed in August and September, not in January. Duh. Either that or I don't have any significant ones. You decide.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you need to learn the Banjo. That would be awesome for Acoustic Skyline - I think it would complete our unique sound.

Anonymous said...

How can you possibly "opt out of Lost"?!? It's quite possibily the greatest story in human history and you can just drop it like that? For shame Mike, for shame.

Unknown said...

Banjo, eh? Now if the rest of the band would actually show up for a practice!

Sorry to disappoint you Ben...I jumped on the bandwagon late for season one and enjoyed it a fair bit. Then I somewhat enjoyed season 2 only to find that I could barely tolerate season 3.