Friday, October 03, 2008

Balance...

I think it's a myth.

It's something designed by smart people so they can sell books to the rest of us who are gullible to believe that it is actually attainable.

With that said, I am learning how to manage my time, so would I technically be able to say that I am becoming "balanced"? If I am, should I write it down, publish it and try to sell it?

So, it's the infamous "day off" for me, so I'll share some randomness with you.

All things music...
Go listen to Charlie Hall's new CD called "The Bright Sadness". AWESOME! I'm attending the Passion World Tour on Monday in Vancouver and part of me would be more excited to hear Hall instead of Chris Tomlin. But the tickets are free, so who am I to complain?

All things film...
We watched "What Happens in Vegas" and "Son of Rambow". I preferred the latter. I'd recommend it. Tonight we're watching "The Love Guru".

All things written...
I've been a little slow with my reading lately due to my time management. Maybe I can get caught up this weekend. I also just received my two free hardcover copies of Matthew Paul Turner's "Churched" in the mail today. Yeah, two copies! And did I mention they were free? Does this mean I should start a blog contest? Or do I just give one away at youth on Wednesday?

Getting ready for...
We're headed to Sacramento next Thursday for NYWC. It's been two years since we've been and I've missed it. There's four of us making the journey, and some of the greatest people in the world (you guys know who you are!) are watching our kids for us.

Free stuff for you...
Go here and get Phil Wickam's "Singalong" for free.

Did you know...
If you go to Google, type in "find chuck norris" and click "I'm Feeling Lucky", you'll probably chuckle. I did. Even though I know Jack Bauer would destroy Norris.

Speaking of Bauer, did you see this yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

balance ... is it kinda like that "work hard, play hard" mentality. but that wouldn't work. does that mean i should balance good things and bad things as well. hmmm. now you got me thinking.

btw, you should see leatherheads if you haven't. it's quite funny.

Unknown said...

and now you'll probably have to go buy one of those books on "balance" which will only further prove my point.

and you're the second person this week who recommended leatherheads. as soon as i see it available on $0.88 night, i'll likely give it a try.