Saturday, April 04, 2009

Book #14...

Starving Jesus
Craig Gross & J.R. Mahon

It seems like everything I'm reading lately tends to challenge me in the same areas. And since the theme of this book tends to be about getting "out of the pew", it's once again fitting as some of the topics in the book (Bible reading, outreach, fasting) are things that have been popping up in other areas of my own thought life.

In the last couple of weeks I feel myself being pushed to make some changes. Things cannot stay the same. I don't mean to be cryptic, but I haven't been able to flesh anything out yet. I just know that it's there.

As for the rest of this book, it is a combination of Craig's thoughts, mixed with J.R.'s stories, and interspersed with scripture. While the book doesn't detail the entire 40 day journey they took on their Starving Jesus Tour back in 2006, it does give some of the background into what led up to the journey, as well as highlighting some of the more noteworthy moments in their travels.

Mostly, I'm just thankful for the push.

No comments: