Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday review...

Just a blur of a day today, but it was great.
  • Surprised by 15 bodies in our new Sunday morning early morning...uh..."Sunday school"...class. It was suggested we call it Tangent because we're always on one.
  • The traditional & contemporary services officially kicked off. I can't comment on the traditional because of being at the Tangent class, but Jamie (young adults pastor) knocked the preaching out of the park in the later service. A friend of mine, Brennan, co-led worship (a brand new experience for him in this setting) and he hit it out of the park. All our volunteers were cruising in their jobs. The energy and enthusiasm was great. And I think the whole theme set a tone for what we want to come. We want to be a church that is serious about people following Jesus and not just playing around with a plastic Jesus.
  • Had lunch with the previously mentioned friend while my kids ripped around the McDonald's playland.
  • Watched the Manchester derby. Oh. My. Goodness. Epic game, or what?!?! I'd be proud to wear Michael Owen's name and #7 on my next United shirt any day.
  • Got a little grocery shopping done.
  • Gearing up for the official opening of our new youth room on Tuesday night with our new middle school ministry.
  • Counting down the days until NYWC in LA.
  • Eagerly awaiting the new David Crowder*Band album. I hope it doesn't take 2 weeks to get my pre-order.
How was your day?

No comments: