Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Book #6...

Playing With Fire
Theoren Fleury & Kristie McLellan Day

Being a smaller guy all my life has meant that I have always been interested in stories where the little guy makes it. So, I grew up with an appreciation of his hockey skills, mostly oblivious to his off ice antics. When Fleury's book came out I figured I'd pick it up and see what it was all about.

I'll admit that this book is a little scattered. While I do think it's better written than a lot of books that professional athletes pen, he jumps around so much that I kept going back in chapters to find out what year he was talking about and trying to get an idea of the timeline.

As for content, it's like reading about a train wreck. It almost makes it hard to believe that he accomplished anything on the ice, and yet somehow he pulled it off.

I hope he's able to keep his new life on the tracks.

No comments: