Saturday, December 03, 2005

Another forum...

My wife looked at my a liitle sideways when I said I needed $5 (and that's US, which is equivalent to about $15 CAN) to sign up for a forum. But alas, she succumbed to my powers and I am now registered at YMExchange.com.

I've been part of a few message boards in the past and I have come to appreciate them as an essential part of my online existance. I even tried to get my last youth group hooked on "posting" (which, I might add, actually worked for a few months).

I've found myself connecting with a group of people who share a common bond: youth ministry.

It is in these online communities that I have found others that will challenge, encourage, frustrate, inspire and amuse me (sometimes all at the same time). I've prayed and been prayed for. I've received and given advice. I've shared in the highs and joys of many people and their ministries. And I've even had the chance to meet some of them face to face.

Sure, we may not all agree about everything all the time (what fun would that be?). We may get completely ticked off at each other occasionally. But hey, it's a journey...and we're all on it together.
My hat (or toque, because it's currently snowy here) is off to Derek, Drew & Co. for starting up YMX. May it turn out to be a great online community for fellow youth workers!

1 comment:

Adam McLane said...

thanks for the nice words. And I am glad you like YMX!

I too have found the forums to be really, really helpful over the years.