Friday, December 16, 2005

I can see...

Ok, so we'll break this into parts because so much happened today.

Part #1
I've been getting headaches and a fuzzy head lately after I've been reading, watching TV, on the computer or driving at night. Any guesses why? My wife suggested I should get my eyes checked. I figured $75 would be worth it if it told me what was wrong with me.

It turned out that I have a slight case of astigmaticsim which would explain everything. So tonight I went and picked out some glasses with my family. Then we killed an hour by getting haircuts (the first one I've paid for in about 9 or 10 years), ate some supper, and then saw Santa (I know, he's not real...and we explained that to the kids). Then we picked up the glasses, and believe it or not, I can actually see better.

I guess I can't call anyone "four eyes" from now on...

Part #2
We got a pile of Christmas cards tonight. First of all, thanks Bryce (and your family) for the Best Buy card. It was greatly appreciated and I'm sure we'll find a use for it somehow...Thanks!

Second, we received a card from a student of ours who just graduated this past spring. It was beautifully hand-crafted card that was overflowing with love. Her words said "thank-you/love you/miss you" and left us with happy hearts (I don't know how else to explain it).

Then we noticed a little piece of paper tucked inside a paper presnt on the inside of the card. Upon closer examination we found a cheque for $300! I'm not sure what to say. Who am I to accept such a huge gift from college girl who, no doubt, works for minimum wage and is trying to save for school. We are speechless. We are amazed.

In the words of Wayne & Garth, "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!"

No comments: