Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm bored...

My wife is out with some of our youth girls. I'm home with my kids. I'm currently eating a freezie and watching Ultimate Fighting. I also spent some time with the guitars. But I can't seem to focus long enough to write anything.

I'm not a great song writer. I try, but I can't ever seem to finish anything. I'm in awe of people who have a way with words and music that seems to come so simply. I'm impressed by the variety of sounds that some people can come up with. I feel like all my songs sound the same.

I've only ever played 2 of my own songs in public. One was a Christmas song I played at my last church and the other was a song based on part of Job's life for a sermon my friend Bryce preached. That was also in my last church.

A group of my current students and I have come up with a little song during our worship practice, but I hesitate to call it a song because I don't know if anyone actually likes it.

Well...there you have some completely random thoughts from a Wednesday night.

No comments: