Friday, February 27, 2009

A grown man's toys...

Most people know that I have collected various Star Wars memorabilia over the years. I have toys still in boxes, toys without boxes, board games with missing pieces, posters, books, magazines and a pile of other things.

The collection has sat in boxes in our basements and crawl spaces for years. And all those years I thought it would be great if one day I could create a room where I could put all my collectibles on display.

Well, at long last I decided it was time for a change. It was time to see if I could actually part with any of this stuff. So, after more than a month of Craigslist postings I finally had someone bite who was interested in buying a large piece of the collection.

So today I packed them into the car and dropped them off in exchange for a pile of bills.

So, why did I cave?

Have I finally accepted that I must carry on like a civilized adult and not play with toys?

Did it dawn on me that I didn't actually have any use for these things?

Am I trying to repress childhood memories?

Nope. Actually, I just had to find a way to get a new toy.

Yup, every man has a price for parting with their childhood. Mine was a guitar amp.

And I don't regret it one bit because she sounds oh so pretty.

No comments: