Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No staff Tuesday...

I guess that's not entirely true. There's lots of staff around the building. We even got together for our regular Tuesday morning coffee. But we did have our regular Tuesday morning (pastoral) staff meeting canceled because the "boss" (I know that term isn't completely accurate, but I can't come up with anything more creative that doesn't make fun of his choice in hockey teams) is at a conference. We won't say where he is as it evokes within me certain feelings of jealousy.

Now I'm trying to use this "free" time to my advantage, but I'm failing miserably. The only thing I can think of is that I want to head over to Tim Horton's and grab a large French Vanilla.

What should I be doing?
  • Tomorrow night's message
  • A college reference for a high schooler
  • Sending emails to finalize a student ministry leader's meeting
  • Sending emails to get our Web team off the ground (heading up this team was the latest addition to my ministry plate)
  • Trying to track down flight and hotel info for my Catalyst trip in April
  • Getting caught up on some ministry reading
So, I pose the same question to you.

What should you be doing?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

...preparing ministry reports for tonight's elders meeting.
...also preparing tomorrow night's message.
...purchasing the extra ticket I need for one of my girls to go on an upcoming trip.
...reformatting a video for a vision banquet.

But who can think of all that when I just got my confirmation e-mail for my airline tickets to the same Catalyst trip!

Anonymous said...

dude - catalyst is booked as well. where you staying?

Unknown said...

apparently catalyst is the place to be!

i don't know where we're (me and our young adult pastor) staying yet.

any recommendations?

Unknown said...

There's a place on the beach that looks pretty sweet, but the price is painful!