Thursday, October 29, 2009

Concert review...

We went to see U2 at BC Place with a couple of friends on Wednesday night. Wow!

Great show from start to finish. I'll rank this in the top 3 concerts I've seen. But I'm still going to say that seeing Eric Clapton is hands down first place. I'll let U2 and Dave Matthews duke it out for spots 2 and 3.

Highlight of the night was when the band sang Happy Birthday. Erin and our friends inserted my name instead of Bill Gates, whom Bono was actually singing to. I'm sticking to the story that saying that U2 sang to me and got my name wrong.

The show was definitely worth every penny and we're contemplating trying to see them again when they come to Seattle next June.

Here's the setlist from the evening:

10/28/2009 B.C. Place Stadium - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day / Blackbird
(snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me
(snippet)
Happy Birthday
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
No Line On The Horizon
Elevation
In A Little While
Unknown Caller
Until The End Of The World
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes
(snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone
(snippet)

encore #1

One / Amazing Grace
(snippet)
Where The Streets Have No Name

encore #2

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

No comments: