Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Book #2...

Deadly Viper Character Assassins
Mike Foster & Jud Wilhite

This book was on my list of "gotta read" for a while, but I could never find it. I was stoked last April to finally find a copy at Catalyst West. And then it promptly sat on my shelf until just recently.

If you've ever done any leadership reading, most of what you will find in this book is not new, although the language and marketing is a little bit different. But overall the book contains some very helpful reminders for anyone in a leadership position.

There are assassins trying to bring leaders down. Trying to wreck your character, your integrity and your ability to lead. And if you don't have a plan to battle them, they'll destroy you.

The kicker is that there was fallout over the content and the book got pulled off the shelves. (Ok, I'm being way to oversimplified, but I'm in no hurry to dive into a debate over it. You can get some of the details here.)

But I'll give due credit to Mike & Jud who, at least from what I saw on the interweb, didn't complain about it or try to cause a ruckus. They, from what little I have seen, have lived out what they write about.

No comments: