Saturday, January 24, 2009

All-Star weekend...

There's a bit of a fiasco over the NHL All-Star teams for this weekend. Most of it is concerning the selection of 4 Habs (Price, Kovlev, Komisarek, and Markov) to the starting line up. But since I'm a Habs fan, I'm thrilled.

The other bit of the fiasco is about players missing out on the game. Players like Lidstrom and Datsyuk from the Red Wings are staying home, which means a one game suspension courtesy of the NHL.

I've got the recorder set and will be watching the skills competition later tonight and the game tomorrow. But I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with my son.

I remember growing up in a house with no cable, so many years I'd run over to my grandparents apartment to watch the events unfold. I have good memories of the game and hope it can be passed on to my own kids.

Which leads me to this weekend's all important question:

Is the All-Star game worth it? Or is it all a bunch of hype?

No comments: