Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reading update...

I've been slowly plugging away on the Reading Contest. Here's the latest accomplishments:

Book #21 - Louder Than Words by Andy Stanley

I started this book a few weeks ago while doing some prep for a message about character and integrity. While not my favorite Stanley book it does contain a pile of wisdom for how one should approach character development.

Book #22 - Mindfreak: Secret Revelations by Criss Angel
I've seen the show Mindfreak so I was a little intrigued on what Criss would have to say about himself. The only secret revelation in this book is that the guy is in love with himself, and I'm not sure if that is even much of a secret. The entire book talks about how great he is because he made something of himself when everyone else was against him. He did this...He did that...He is this....blah, blah, blah. I think the best part of the book is the ending where he shows you how to do some basic illusions.

No comments: