Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Reading update...

Book #24 - Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin
How did Steve Martin become one of the funniest guys around? And why, when he was apparently at the top of his game, did he walk away from doing stand up?

I'll admit that Steve's prime came well before I was even aware of him. But thanks to reruns of Saturday Night Live (and let's not forget the Three Amigos!) I was able to become educated in the ways of this funny man.

It's a quick read that gives some great insight into how he got to the top, and how long it took him to reach his prime. It covers his days growing up inside the walls of Disneyland, his rocky relationship with his father, and his life on the comedy club circuit.

I liked the little view into his life that he offers, and it makes me want to go and watch the Three Amigos again.

And just for the fun of it, here's a little something for you:



Book #25 - London Bridges by James Patterson
Yeah, I'm kind of in a rut with my fiction reading, but I'm liking the way the guy writes. I've got some newer authors on hold (well, actually it's only their books, but I hope you already figured that out) at the library and I'm waiting for the books to get returned. Hopefully I'll have some new stuff to read over my vacation.



No comments: