Monday, July 07, 2008

Summer & students...

With the official arrival of summer vacation, it becomes harder to connect with students. Students who were a weekly fixture during the school year seem to vanish off the face of the earth. Students who would never miss out on being at an event now find it difficult to commit to coming to the few events that we have planned.

I'm not complaining....I'm accepting reality. And I'm also realizing the necessity for me to do what I can to connect with students as much as possible in July or August.

This morning, however, I had the chance to connect with two students. One is wanting to get baptized this Sunday and the other just stopped by the office to chat.

It was a welcome way to spend a Monday morning.

Any other Youth Pastors floating around here? What do you do to connect with students in the summer?

No comments: